The vacuum is not just for carpets. Most of what you can use the vacuum for requires the hose attachment with the brush head which is why I do not like upright vacuums. Yes most of them come with hoses, but they’re uncomfortable and hard to use. I LOVE Miele vacuums. They come in a number of different options based on your needs and budget.
The following should be vacuumed on a monthly basis as needed (those of us in the city, more like a few times a month). For your spring cleaning, give the following things a good vacuuming:
- fabric lampshades
- woven baskets + furniture
- upholstery + pillows
- corners of walls
- molding; doors + picture rails
- insides of closets; baseboards, shelves, corners + floor
- blinds, shades, and/or curtains
- insides of drawers; kitchen, bedroom, office, etc
- spines of books and magazines
- mattresses + boxsprings
- carved wood pieces; credenzas, decorative boxes, headboards, etc
- and anything else that needs it!