Step #5: Design and Installation
At this point you know if you need anything else to complete the process. If you don’t happen to need anything, congrats!! I hope you now have a space you enjoy. For the rest of you, chin up you’re almost done and hopefully you’ll enjoy this last part.
- Take proper measurements before buying anything; height, width and depth.
- To get an idea of how a potential piece will fit, mark the floor with masking tape or sticky notes.
- Don’t rush to finish, hold out for the piece you really enjoy having since once you get it you’ll forget you ever lived without it. On the other hand, if you buy something you don’t really love you’ll be thinking about it everyday.
- Search everywhere; you don’t have to love everything in a store to find the one piece that will work for you.
- If you have things to install, hire a professional or get someone you know will do it right; large box stores like home depot or lowes have in house installers. Safety first!
- Be cautious about having too much storage like multiple bookcases or shelves as we have an unconscious need to fill these spaces.